Apply for Fully Funded Internship for Political Affairs at Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building in the USA. The deadline for this application is 31st July 2021.
Internships within the Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs (DPPA) are for a minimum period of three months with the opportunity of extension up to six months based on the needs and requirements of the Department. Also, the internship does not carry any payment or retribution expectation. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the office to which they are assigned.
- Conduct research on events relating to political issues, in general, and in particular as they relate to the countries and thematic mandates on the agenda of the Security Council;
- Also, assist the Branch with documentation and cataloguing information related to the evolution of the practices and working methods of the Council and/or its subsidiary bodies;
- Likewise, conduct research, analysis, drafting, editing and revising studies for the Repertoire of the Practice of the Security Council;
- Furthermore, engaging in research and analysis on the implementation of UN sanctions regimes.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Program, the following conditions must be met for Fully Funded Internship in the USA:
1.Applicants at the time of application must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Have a complete graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or,
(b) Additionally, be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent)
2.The field of study must be closely related to the type of internship you are applying for.
3. Likewise, proficient in standard word processing and software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint or similar; Be proficient in standard office automation equipment, scanner, printer, etc.).
4.Also, gave demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the United Nations Charter.
5. Furthermore, have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in English (both oral and written) . Likewise, Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!