The Ministry of Foreign Affairs calls applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2020. Interested applicants can apply until 14th February 2020. The scholarship provides foreign students with an opportunity to study diploma, undergraduate degree and postmaster’s degree in Brunei.
The selected applicants can pursue their studies in one of these Universities
-Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD) -Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
-Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) -Politeknik Brunei (PB).
The applicants will receive the following advantages from the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
- They will get an exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the program
- The organizers will provide an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course. The students will also get the economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course
- Also, the candidates will also receive a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00
- Similarly, they will get monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00
- Also, the applicants will receive an annual book allowance of BND$600.00
- Moreover, they will get accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic
- Furthermore, the organizers provide them with baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country upon completion of the program. The maximum amount is
-BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region or
-BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region
- Also, they will get a comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
The candidates must meet these requirements to be eligible for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth, and OIC member countries.
- Also, the applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs on the 31st July 2020.
- Furthermore, the award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
For more information, visit the official site.