Funded Scholarships are available for international students also at University of Tennessee.
University of Tennessee is a public university in Knoxville, USA. The university offers degree programs in various disciplines such as Agriculture, Architecture, Business, Education, Engineering and more. Furthermore, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges has been accrediting the university to award baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Above all, the university is in 419th position in the QS World University Rankings 2019.
University of Tennessee offers several scholarships to the incoming students at the university. The scholarships at the university are available to all freshmen, domestic as well as international. One of highest awarding scholarships for international students at the university is the International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship (IUMS). The scholarships is is a competitive award for freshman and transfer student applicants who do not have any sponsorships from governments, organizations, or corporations.
$5,000–15,000 USD per year ($2,500–$7,500 USD per semester). It is renewable for freshmen for up to eight semesters or transfer students for up to four semesters.
In order to be eligible for the IUMS, you must be an international student who:
- Is completing high school in a foreign country or in the United States OR
- Likewise, is entering UT directly from a foreign or US university OR
- Has completed (or is completing) an associate’s degree from an accredited US college
Students must not be eligible for US federally funded financial aid or in-state (resident) tuition. Students who are dual citizens and/or permanent residents are not eligible. In addition, the students should have
- High school GPA of 3.5/4.0 for freshmen or 3.0/4.0 for transfer students
- TOEFL (iBT) 78 or higher, IELTS 6.5 or higher; ACT English or SAT critical reading scores will also be considered. For transfer students, a minimum grade of B on university-level equivalent of English composition 1 and 2 at a US college or university will also be considered.
All eligible international undergraduates who have a offer of regular (non-conditional) admission get automatic considerations. A separate scholarship application is not a requirement.