Funded Scholarships are available for international students also at University of Leicester.
University of Leicester is a public research university in Leicester, England. The university is famous for the discovery of genetic fingerprinting and contributing to the discovery and identification of the remains of King Richard III. Moreover, the university has high regard for the quality of its teaching having 19 subject areas graded as “Excellent” by the Quality Assurance Agency. Furthermore, the university is 1st for the public impact of its research. Above all, it is in 223rd position in the QS World University Rankings 2019.
University of Leicester has more to offer to its students besides its excellent academics. The university also offers a range of scholarships to all of its incoming students. The scholarships depend upon a number of factors, for instance, financial need, academic merit, regional, faculty and sports abilities. One of the high-awarding scholarships at the university is the President’s Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme. This scholarship is for international (non-EU) students beginning an undergraduate degree at Leicester.
This scholarship gives you a 10% fee discount on your tuition fee for each year of full-time study at the University, up to a maximum of three years.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
The scholarship is available to students who achieve the grade criteria set, and who will join any University of Leicester degree, excluding Medicine.
There is no need to apply for this scholarship. Eligible students will get considerations automatically. If successful, you will get notification when final results are available.
Terms and Conditions
- You must be an international student (non-EU) for fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not apply if an industrial placement or exchange year is undertaken, or if you suspend your studies for any reason.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students can hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department. If you get more than one scholarship, you will therefore receive only the higher value award.
- You cannot combine this scholarship with a full scholarship (for tuition fees and living costs) from any other source.
- If you have a partial scholarship from other sources you will still get considerations for the President’s Undergraduate Scholarship.
- The scholarship is only valid for entry in September 2019.
- If you enroll on a Medicine degree, you will not be eligible for the scholarship.