Funded Scholarships at Grinnell College

Grinnell College is one of the leading liberal arts colleges in the United States. Few academically talented and extraordinary students may get fully funded scholarships at Grinnell College.

Grinnell College is a private liberal arts college in Grinnell, Iowa. It was founded in 1846 when a group of New England Congregationalists established the Trustees of Iowa College. Grinnell is known for its rigorous academics, innovative pedagogy, and commitment to social justice.

Similarly, Grinnell is counted as one of the best liberal arts college in the United States. Further, it ranks 18th in the National Liberal Arts College in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges.

Likewise, Grinnell has 42 areas of study, more than 500 classes, and with our individually advised curriculum, an infinite number of combinations to choose from.

Grinnell College Scholarship Award

  • Grinnell has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
  • Despite that, it meets the full demonstrated need of the applicants.


Grinnell is one of the most selective liberal arts colleges in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 24%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get fully funded scholarships at Grinnell.

  • Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
  • High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
  • Active participation in extra curricular activities.
  • Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
  • Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
  • Applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.

Grinnell College Financial Aid Details

  • 86% of our students receive aid to help pay for their years at Grinnell.
  • 70% of Grinnell incoming freshmen receive need-based aid
  • The average grant/scholarship award for students is $45,077.
  • $18,694 is the average indebtedness for students that borrowed during their enrollment at Grinnell.
  • Grinnell funds 93% of the almost $56 million in total grants and scholarships awarded to students this year. The federal, state and private sources fund the remaining 7%.


All applicants apply through the Common Application andQuestBridge portal.

Additionally, all the applicants need to submit following documents:

  • Grinnell writing supplement of the different application portal.
  • Guidance Counselor Evaluation
  • High School Transcripts
  • Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
  • SAT scores
  • English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS

Important Deadlines

For Early Decision: November 15
Notification: Late December

For Regular Decision: January 15
Notification: Late March

Lastly, here is the official link to Grinnell College.


Your email address will not be published. Fields marked with * are required.