Yale University is one of the best universities in the world. It is one of the eight Ivy League schools. Yale has very generous aid/grant policy and provides fully funded undergraduate degree to a few deserving students.
Yale University is a private Ivy League research university in Nw Heaven, Connecticut, United States. It is home to sublime faculty and also a reputed educational institution where students’ intellectuality, curiosity and creativity blossom.
Moreover, it ranks 3rd in the 2018 edition of Best College. Similarly, according to the 2018 edition of QS World University Rankings, it ranks 15th in the whole world.
Yale offers more than 80 majors in the field of STEM, social science, arts, and humanities.
- Yale awards all undergraduate scholarship on the basis of financial need, with the goal of making a Yale education affordable for everyone.
- It meets the full demonstrated need of every admitted student.
Yale is not only an exceptional but also one of the most selective universities in the world. As of 2018, it has an acceptance rate of only 7%.
So, one has to work very hard for the scholarship.
However, few deserving candidates may get a fully funded undergraduate degree at Yale.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate high academic achievement.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and programs that contributes to society.
- Most students admitted to Yale are passionate about world problems and eager to resolve them.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their passion for learning through their application essay.
Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding applicants’ admission without regard to their ability to pay.
- Yale has probably the best scholarship budget with over $160 million each year.
- Yale meets 100% of each student’s demonstrated financial need.
- The average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $52,800.
- About 86% of Yale students are debt free.
All applicants apply to Harvard online via the Common Application, Coalition Application, and QuestBridge. Further, the online system guides the applicants through the process of providing the supporting credentials appropriate to the first-year applicant.
Applicants need to submit following documents:
- Yale writing supplement different application portal.
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 2
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Yale University.