Vanderbilt University falls amongst the elite universities in the United States. Because of its generous grant/aid policy, few deserving students get a fully funded undergraduate degree at Vanderbilt.
Vanderbilt University is a private research university in Nashville, Tennessee. It has one of the best research faculty in the whole of United States.
Similarly, it is one of the most reputed universities in the United States. In fact, it ranks 14 in National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Further, Vanderbilt offers interdisciplinary majors in more than 60 different fields.
- Vanderbilt has a need-blind policy for both domestic and international applicants.
- Also, it meets the full demonstrated need of every admitted student.
Vanderbilt is not only an excellent but also one of the most selective universities in the world. As of 2018, it has an acceptance rate of only 14%.
So, one has to work very hard for the scholarship.
However, few deserving candidates may get a fully funded undergraduate degree at Vanderbilt.
- All the applicants should answer different merit-based/need-based scholarship questions to be considered for the respective scholarship.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate high academic achievement.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and programs that contributes to society.
- Most students at Vanderbilt are passionate about world problems and eager to resolve them.
- Similarly, applicants must be able to demonstrate their passion for learning through their application essay.
Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission regardless of the financial situation of the applicant.
- It meets 100% of the admitted students’ financial need.
- 94% of the Vanderbilt freshmen receive some sort of financial assistance.
- Vanderbilt has a generous scholarship budget with over $47 million each year.
- The average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $39,081.
All applications apply to Rice online via Common Application, Coalition Application or QuestBridge. The online system guides the applicants through the process of providing the supporting credentials appropriate to the first-year applicant.
Applicants need to submit following documents:
- Vanderbilt Writing Supplement
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Official link to Vanderbilt University.