The University of Pennsylvania is one of the best universities in the world. It is one of the eight Ivy League schools. UPenn has very generous aid/grant policy and provides fully funded undergraduate degree to a few deserving students.
UPenn is a private Ivy League research university in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. It is home to highly reputed and talented faculty and also an ingenious educational institution where the curiosity, creativity, and talents blossom.
Moreover, it ranks 8thnd in the 2018 edition of Best College and according to the 2018 edition of QS World University Rankings, it ranks 19th in the whole world.
Likewise, Penn’s undergraduate students pursue more than 90 majors across four schools and engage in interdisciplinary programs that make the resources of all 12 Penn schools available as they forge new paths in research and scholarship.
- Penn has a need-based policy for both domestic and international applicants.
- It meets the full demonstrated need of every admitted student.
Penn is not only an exceptional but also one of the most selective universities in the world. As of 2018, it has an acceptance rate of only 8.4%.
So, one has to work very hard for the scholarship.
However, few deserving candidates may get a fully funded undergraduate degree at UPenn.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic achievement.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and programs that contributes to society.
- Most students admitted at Penn are passionate about world problems and eager to resolve them.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their passion for learning through their application essay.
Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- Penn has one the best scholarship budget with over $145 million each year.
- Penn meets 100% of each student’s demonstrated financial need.
- The average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $50,171.
- 9 out of 10 first-generation students receive aid.
- Families with income less than $40,000 receive full tuition, room and board.
All applicants apply to Harvard online via the Common Application, Coalition Application, and QuestBridge. The online system guides the applicants through the process of providing the supporting credentials appropriate to the first-year applicant.
Applicants need to submit following documents:
- Penn’s writing supplement different application portal.
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 5
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to University of Pennsylvania.