The University of Chicago falls amongst the most esteemed universities not only in the United States but in the world as well. Few highly talented and deserving students may get fully funded undergraduate degree at the UChicago.
The University of Chicago is a private, nondenominational, culturally rich and ethnically diverse coeducational research university located in Hyde Park, Chicago. It is home to highly reputed teaching faculty and also an innovative educational institution where the students’ curiosity, creativity, and talents are refined creating world leaders.
Further, it ranks 3rd in National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges and 9th in QS World University Rankings.
UChicago is known for its world-class curriculum on Economics, Mathematics, Political Science and other STEM, social sciences and humanities related course. The university offers majors and minors in more than 100 different fields.
- UChicago offers scholarship on need-based domestic and international applicants.
- It also offers merit-based scholarships.
- Additionally, it meets the full demonstrated need of every admitted student.
UChicago is not only an exceptional but also one of the most selective universities in the world. As of 2018, it has an acceptance rate of only 8%.
So, one has to work very hard for the scholarship.
However, few deserving candidates may get a fully funded undergraduate degree at UChicago.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate high academic achievement.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and programs that contributes to society.
- Most students admitted at UChicago are passionate about world problems and eager to resolve them.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their passion for learning through their application essay.
Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission regardless of the financial situation of the applicant.
- UChicago has one the best scholarship budget with over $100 million each year.
- It meets 100% of each student’s demonstrated financial need.
- 64% of the freshmen received some sort of financial aid in the year 2017-18
- The average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $37,615.
- Families earning less than $60,000 per year (with typical assets) will have tuition, fees, and room and board covered by financial aid.
All applicants apply to Harvard online via the Common Application, Coalition Application, and QuestBridge. The online system guides the applicants through the process of providing the supporting credentials appropriate to the first-year applicant.
Applicants need to submit following documents:
- UChicago writing supplement (which probably has the most creative question a university will ever ask).
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 2
Notification: Late March
Official link to University of Chicago.