Tufts university falls amongst the most esteemed universities in the United States. As Tufts has very generous aid/grant policy, it provides fully funded undergraduate degree to a few deserving students.
Tufts University is a private research university in Medford, Massachusetts. A charter member of the New England Small College Athletic Conference, Tufts College was founded in 1852 by Christian universalists.
Tufts is recognized as a premier university dedicated to educating new leaders for a better future. It ranks 29th in National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Likewise, Tufts is best known for its STEM faculty, especially, its engineering, social sciences, biological and biomedical programs. Similarly, Tufts offers more than 90 majors and minors in different areas.
- Rice has a need-based policy for both domestic and international applicants.
- However, it meets the full demonstrated need of every admitted student.
- Tufts does not offer merit-based scholarship and its aid policy is solely depends upon an applicant’s financial need.
Tufts is not only an excellent but also one of the most selective universities in the world. As of 2018, it has an acceptance rate of only 14%.
So, one has to work very hard for the scholarship.
However, few deserving candidates may get a fully funded undergraduate degree at Tufts.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate high academic achievement.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and programs that contributes to society.
- Most students at Tufts are passionate about world problems and eager to resolve them.
- Similarly, students have a keen interest in engaging in research as the majority of Tufts students are involved in the research.
- Students must be able to demonstrate their passion for learning through their application essay.
Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicants.
- Tufts has a generous scholarship budget with over $82 million each year.
- The average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $44,923.
All applications apply to Rice online via Common Applicationor Coalition Application. The online system guides the applicants through the process of providing the supporting credentials appropriate to the first-year applicant.
Additionally, all the applicants need to submit following documents:
- Tufts Writing Supplement
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: November 1
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Tufts University.