Johns Hopkins University is one of the best research university in the United States and provides fully funded undergraduate degree to a few exceptional students.
Johns Hopkins University is a private research university in Baltimore, Maryland. Founded in 1876, the university was named for its first benefactor, the American entrepreneur, abolitionist, and philanthropist Johns Hopkins.
Moreover, it is ranks 11th in National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. Similarly, in 2018 edition of QS World University Rankings, it ranks in 21st position.
JHU is famous for its researching opportunities and intense coursework. Similarly, their faculty and students study, teach and learn across more than 260 programs in the arts and music, the humanities, the social and natural sciences, engineering, international studies, education, business, and the health professions.
- JHU has a need-blind policy for both domestic and international applicants.
- It meets the full demonstrated need of every admitted student.
JHU is one of the most selective colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 13%.
As a result, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a fully funded undergraduate degree at Johns Hopkins.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Students should possess a keen interest in researching.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Similarly, students should know of world problems and eager to solve them.
Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission regardless of the financial situation of the applicant.
- JHU has one the best scholarship budget with over $100 million each year.
- 86% of the families with less than $200,000 annual income receive grants.
- Similarly, 54% of the first year students receive aid.
- The average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $44,677.
Additionally, all the applicants need to submit following documents:
- JHU writing supplement of the different application portal.
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: 1 November
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 2
Notification: Late March
Official link to Johns Hopkins University.