Dartmouth College is one of the best universities in the world. It is one of the eight Ivy League schools. Dartmouth has very generous aid/grant policy and provides fully funded undergraduate degree to a few deserving students.
Dartmouth College is a private Ivy League research university in Hanover, New Hampshire, United States. It is home to highly intellectual faculty and also an innovative educational institution where the curiosity, creativity, and talents are refined.
Moreover, it ranks 11 in the 2018 edition of Best College. Similarly, according to the 2016 edition of QS World University Rankings, it ranks 44th in the whole world.
Additionally, Dartmouth is best known for its STEM faculty, especially, it’s engineering, medicine and also Law program.
Dartmouth offers about 60 majors in STEM, Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities. Furthermore, students can carry more than one major, create their own interdisciplinary major.
- Dartmouth is need-blind for both domestic and international applicants.
- It meets the full demonstrated need of every admitted student.
Dartmouth College is not only an exceptional but also one of the most selective universities in the world. As of 2018, it has an acceptance rate of only 11%.
Due to its high competitiveness, one has to work very hard for the scholarship.
However, few deserving candidates may get a fully funded undergraduate degree at Dartmouth.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate high academic achievement.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and programs that contributes to society.
- Most students admitted at Dartmouth are passionate about world problems and eager to resolve them.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their passion for learning through their application essay.
Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission regardless of the financial situation of the applicant.
- Dartmouth has one the best scholarship budget with over $95 million each year.
- Dartmouth meets 100% of each student’s demonstrated financial need.
- The average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $47,833.
- Free tuition for students coming from families making $100,000 or less and possessing typical assets.
- Average student debt for all four years combined is $20,373
All applicants apply to Dartmouth online via the Common Application. The online system guides the applicants through the process of providing the supporting credentials appropriate to the first-year applicant.
Applicants need to submit following documents:
- Dartmouth writing supplement
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: 1 November
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Official link to Dartmouth College.