Brown University is one the best universities in the world. It is one of the eight Ivy League schools. Brown has very generous aid/grant policy and provides fully funded undergraduate degree to a few deserving students.
Brown University is a private Ivy League research university in Providence, Rhode Island. It is a home to world-renowned faculty and also an innovative educational institution where the curiosity, creativity and intellectual individuals.
Moreover, it ranks 14 in the 2018 edition of Best College. Similarly, according to the 2016 edition of QS World University Rankings,
it ranks 25th in the whole world.
Additionally, Brown is best known for its STEM faculty, especially, its engineering programs.
Brown offers about 80 majors in STEM, Arts, Social Sciences and Humanizes. Furthermore, students can carry more than one major, create their own interdisciplinary major.
- Brown is need-blind for both domestic and international applicants.
- It meets the full demonstrated need of every admitted student.
Brown University not only an exceptional but also one of the most selective universities in the world. As of 2018, it has an acceptance rate of only 6.6%.
Due to its high competitiveness, one has to work very hard for the scholarship.
However, few deserving candidates may get a fully funded undergraduate degree at Brown University.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate high academic achievement.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and programs that contributes to society.
- Most students admitted at Brown are passionate about world problems and eager to resolve them.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their passion for learning through their application essay.
Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission regardless of the financial situation of the applicant.
- Brown University has one the best scholarship budget with over $50 million each year.
- The average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $50,1o8.
- Brown meets 100% of each student’s demonstrated financial need.
- The total parent contribution for most families with less than annual $60,000 os $0.
All applications apply to Brown online via the Common Application. The online system guides the applicants through the process of providing the supporting credentials appropriate to the first-year applicant.
Applicants need to submit following documents:
- Brown’s Writing Supplement different application portal.
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: 1 November
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Official link to Brown University.