Bowdoin College is a private liberal arts college in Brunswick, Maine. Established in 1794, Bowdoin is one of the oldest liberal arts colleges and provides one of the best education in the whole United States of America. In fact, it ranks 3rd in 2018 of Best Colleges. Bowdoin truly is a resourceful and academically rigorous college.
Bowdoin offers the Bachelor of Arts degree in 34 majors in arts, sciences, social sciences and humanities. Furthermore, students can carry more than one major, create their own interdisciplinary major.
- Bowdoin is need-blind for both domestic and international applicants.
- It meets the full demonstrated need of every admitted student.
Bowdoin College is one of the most selective colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 14%.
Considering this, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a fully funded undergraduate degree at Bowdoin College.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission regardless of the financial situation of the applicant.
- Bowdoin has one the best scholarship policy where more than half of enrolled student receives some form of grants or aid.
- The average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $44,887.
Applicants need to submit following documents:
- Bowdoin Writing Supplement different application portal.
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcript
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores ( flexible)
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Official link to Bowdoin College website.