Fully Funded Scholarships are available at Vanderbilt University.
Vanderbilt University is a private research university in Nashville, Tennessee. The university consists of four undergraduate and six graduate and professional schools. Furthermore, the university’s research has a reputation for its excellence. Also, its Institute for Space and Defense Electronics, housed in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, includes the largest academic facility in the world involved in radiation-effects research. Moreover, the Carnegie Foundation classified the university as a Doctoral University with Highest Research Activity. Above all, it is in 195th position in the QS World University Rankings 2019.
Vanderbilt University is also famous for its scholarship opportunities to its students. The university offers a generous amount of financial aid of $48559 per student. In addition, it meets 100% of the demonstrated need of the students enrolled. It offers a wide range of scholarships depending upon a student’s merit, financial need. The scholarship amounts vary from few thousands to full tuition on the basis of characteristics. One of the scholarships offering full tuition benefits to students is the Ingram Scholarship Program. The Ingram Scholarship Program challenges students to create and implement substantial service projects in the community.
Throughout their years as an Ingram Scholar, students need to maintain a twenty-hour monthly service commitment and to complete at least one summer service project. Ingram Scholars meet weekly in large and small groups to discuss individual and collective progress, and to reflect on the personal meaning and societal implications of service.
Ingram Scholars receive full-tuition support each year plus a stipend for a special summer service project. Vanderbilt will provide additional need-based financial aid to those Ingram Scholarship recipients whose demonstrated financial need exceeds the amount of full tuition.
The scholarship is renewable annually through the senior year contingent on the maintenance of a 3.0 minimum GPA and fulfillment of service-related requirements.
- You need to submit the scholarship application. Applicants apply via MyAppVU after submitting admission application. Ingram Scholarship Program applications for prospective freshmen must be submitted electronically via your MyAppVU account.
- The program supports students who demonstrate a willingness as well as ability to combine a successful business or professional career with a lifelong commitment to finding solutions to critical problems facing modern society.
- Furthermore, Ingram Scholars should devote approximately twenty hours each month during the academic year and at least one of their undergraduate summers to relevant community outreach and service projects.
- Moreover, selections are on the basis of commitment to civic-minded service, an entrepreneurial spirit, and leadership potential. In evaluating candidates, the selection committee reviews the Ingram Scholarship application along with the entire application for first-year admission.
- Also, Ingram Scholar Finalists need to interview with the selection committee.