University of New South Wales (UNSW Sydney) is an Australian public research university. “Knowledge by Hand and Mind” is the motto of the university. Established in 1949, the university is located in Sydney and is one of the world’s leading universities. Above all, it is ranked in 45th position in the QS World University Rankings 2019 and in 4th position in Australia. The university comprises nine faculties, through which it offers bachelor, master as well as doctoral degrees. Furthermore, the university is one of the founding members of the Group of Eight and also of Universitas 21.
University of New South Wales offers various scholarhips to its students on the basis of academics, economic circumstances and also faculty. Range of scholarships are available for university undergraduates, graduates and international students, for instance, Robertson Scholars Leadership Program Scholarship, UNSW Co-op Program, and more. Likewise, there is the UNSW Engineering Future of Change Scholarships for international students. The UNSW Engineering Future of Change Scholarships are awarded to exceptional Indian students based on academic merit. Moreover, the scholarship enhances UNSW Engineering’s partnerships as well as presence in India, with a particular focus on increasing women in engineering.
Eligibility for Scholarship
To be eligible, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be an Indian citizen (excluding Australian Permanent Residents/Australian Citizens) and must be residing in India prior to commencing at UNSW
- Must have applied and received an offer* of admission to a UNSW Engineering undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program
- Must be commencing full-time studies in Term 1
*Offers of admission must be one of the following:
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate Letter of Offer (unconditional)
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate Conditional English Package Offer (UEEC) – students should enrol in the UNSW Institute of Languages and successfully complete the program prior to commencing in Term 1
available for Duration of program (minimum)