Apply for the Fully Funded Scholarships at the University of Stanford. The deadline for the application is 14th October 2020. The name of the scholarship is Knight-Hennessy Scholarship 2021.
As a Knight-Hennessy Scholar, applicants will develop both the depth and range of subject expertise to confront the intractable challenges and opportunities of the future. Also, they will be part of a unique community of change agents from a diverse range of backgrounds. Likewise, this is a community that will support and motivate students at Stanford and beyond.
- a fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees
- Also, a stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses)
- Likewise, a travel grant intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford
- NOTE: Knight-Hennessy Scholars also may access supplemental funds to support academic enrichment (e.g., conference travel).
If you engage in optional research projects during the summer, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program may provide summer funding, through a separate application. In addition, Knight-Hennessy Scholars pursuing a positive impact through social ventures may be eligible to apply for seed funding.
Eligibility for Fully Funded Scholarships at Stanford
- The University encourages applications to Knight-Hennessy Scholars from residents of all countries as it expects Knight-Hennessy Scholars to have a global impact.
- Additionally, it expects that over time about one-third of the scholars will be from the U.S., and about two thirds will be from countries outside the U.S. Those numbers will fluctuate from year to year, since the goal is to admit the world’s very best students, regardless of location.
- Furthermore, you are eligible to apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program if you are applying to enroll in a full-time graduate program(s) at Stanford (for example, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or Ph.D.) or if you plan on pursuing one of Stanford’s many joints- and dual- graduate degree options (for example, but not limited to, MD+PhD, JD+MA, MBA+MS).
- You must have graduated from January 2014 through September 2021 to enroll at Stanford in autumn 2021.
The University is primarily looking for applicants who exhibit the following qualities.
1. Independence of Thought
- Exhibits first-step mental sharpness
- Similarly, seeks out knowledge and new experiences
- Full of original ideas
- Also, makes sense of ambiguity
- Can hold a contrarian or dissenting point of view
2. Purposeful Leadership
- Ambitious, in the best sense
- Likewise, driven to improve self
- Able to bring others along
- Also, persistent and resilient
3. Civic Mindset
- Personally humble and kind
- Similarly, supportive and accountable
- Embraces difference
- Concerned for and helpful to others