Applications have opened for the Fully Funded Scholarships in the UK at Swansea University. Interested candidates can apply until 28th February 2020. The name of the scholarship is Biosciences / Aquaculture: Fully Funded KESS II MSc by Research Scholarship.
- This scholarship is part-funded by the Welsh Government’s European Social Fund (ESF) convergence program for East Wales.
- The creation of Multi-use buildings in urban settings is rapidly gaining popularity as a means to regenerate city centers.
- However, developers are often using outdated and energy inefficient systems resulting in building with a high carbon footprint.
- The Centre for Sustainable Aquatic Research (CSAR) at Swansea University has developed expertise in finfish aquaculture, aquaponics and in culturing a number of species of algae that can be incorporated into fish feeds.
- This project, therefore, seeks to use waste products generated by urban farms such as roots or the stems of aquaponics plants and combine then with microalgae produced from waste nutrients from fish aquaculture.
About the Scholarship
- Based at the Centre for Sustainable Aquatic Research (CSAR), this is a collaborative project with Powell Dobson.
- Scholarships are collaborative awards with external partners including SMEs and micro companies, as well as public and third sector organizations.
- Additionally, the scholarship provides 1-year funding with a 3 month period to complete the thesis.
- Moreover, the achievement of a postgraduate skills development award, PSDA, is compulsory for each KESS II scholar and is based on a 40 credit award.
For the Fully Funded Scholarships in the UK at Swansea University,
- Candidates should have a 2.1 or above in their undergraduate degree in Bioscience or a related subject.
- Also, they should also be eligible for UK/EU Fees.
- Additionally, the University expects the students to meet the academic and English Language requirements by point of application.
- More information is available on the official website.
- The studentship covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees and £1,000 bench fee, plus a stipend.
- Additionally, the bursary is limited to a maximum of £11,702 p.a. dependent upon the applicant’s financial circumstances.
- There will also be additional funds available for research expenses.
- Also, the applicants should note that students receiving KESS II support are not eligible for Postgraduate Master’s Degree loan.
About the University
- Swansea University is a public research university located in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom.
- Also, it was chartered as University College of Swansea in 1920, as the fourth college of the University of Wales
Visit the official website for more details.