Apply for the Fully Funded Scholarships at Deakin University. The deadline for the application is 30th September 2020. The scholarship is for Ph.D. degree. The name of the scholarship is Deakin HDR PhD international awards in Validation of Quality Assurance Tests for Two-Part Epoxy Coatings.
The project takes two approaches towards that end;
One approach uses a combination of standard and non-standard coating testing methods to evaluate, in a short period of time, the likelihood of premature failure of several commercial two-part epoxy coatings. Of particular interest is the sensibility of coating performance to application parameters such as mixing ratio, application temperature, thickness, mill-scale contamination, and humidity.
The second approach focuses on validating that the degradation process evaluated through short term testing are the same as those experienced in service. This is done by a controlled long-term field exposure of commercial pipeline coatings prepared under a wide range of application conditions. Since the value of the data collected increases over time, this exposure is set to outlast the first phase of this project and extend for most of the CRC life.
- be either a domestic or international candidate (domestic includes candidates with Australian Citizenship, Australian Permanent Residency, or New Zealand Citizenship).
- Also, meet Deakin’s Ph.D. entry requirements
- Likewise, be enrolling full time and hold an honors degree (first class) or
- an equivalent standard master’s degree with a substantial research component.
Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for further information.
Additional desirable criteria include:
- Applicants should have theoretical knowledge on corrosion and electrochemistry.
This scholarship is available for over 3 years.
- Stipend of $34,000 per annum tax exempt (2020 rate)
- Also, a relocation allowance of $500-1500 (for single to family) for students moving from interstate or overseas
- Furthermore, International students only: Tuition fees offset for the duration of 4 years. Single Overseas Student Health Cover policy for the duration of the student visa.
Expression of interest: The Corrosion Laboratory and Infrastructure Durability research groups often have research scholarships for suitable materials, chemistry, or engineering graduates who are interested in corrosion science, corrosion engineering, and materials research.