The applications for the fully funded Loughborough University Studentships have opened. Interested applicants apply until 2nd February 2020. The University offers full scholarships to the Ph.D. students specializing in Architecture, Energy, Water Engineering, Infrastructure, Urban Planning.
- Each three-year studentship provides a tax-free stipend of £15,009 a year for the duration of the studentship plus tuition fees at the UK/EU rate.
- Furthermore, international students may apply for these positions. However, funding will only cover tuition fees at the international rate and no stipend will be available.
- The candidates will be responsible for their own living costs (estimated at £15,000 a year).
The candidates must meet the following requirements for the Loughborough University Studentships
- Applicants should have, or expect to achieve, at least a 2:1 honors degree (or equivalent international qualification) in a relevant discipline.
- Also, they must meet the minimum English Language requirements.
The applicants should consult their research proposal with an academic member staff of the University before starting the application procedure.
About the University
Loughborough University is a public research university in the market town of Loughborough, Leicestershire, in the East Midlands of England. It has been a university since 1966, but the institution dates back to 1909 when the then Loughborough Technical Institute began with a focus on skills and knowledge which would be directly applicable in the wider world. Furthermore, the School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering aims to be the world’s leading integrated center for built environment research and education, attending to the entire lifecycle of both buildings and infrastructure through our research, teaching and enterprise programs. Also, in the most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014), the School was ranked first for the research environment in Architecture, Built Environment and Planning, with 95% of research rated ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ for its influence on society, the economy, and policy.
For additional details, visit the official website.