The University of Melbourne invites fully funded scholarship application from candidates who are pursuing graduate by Research Degree. The university hasn’t set a limit to Graduate Research Scholarships for domestic students only. It has tailored the scholarship to include international students as well. Furthermore, the University of Melbourne is one of the finest universities in Australia. Melbourne comprises 11 separate academic units and is in association with numerous institutes and research centers.
To cater to the needs of the international student community, the University of Melbourne has designed support programs for overseas students. Pre-departure guidance includes special discussions on student visa processing, the necessary documents students need to bring, student housing, insurance, destination and safety in Australia. Besides, it also provides scholarships to international students that aid them in this transition.
Fully Funded Graduate Research Scholarship
The recipient of the fully funded Graduate Research Scholarship receives a Full fee offset for two-to-four years depending on the nature of the degree. For Masters’ degree, the students will receive a two-year scholarship while for a doctoral degree, the students will receive a 4-year scholarship. Further, the Graduate research scholarship includes:
- Living allowance of $30,600 per year pro-rata (two years for Masters students. 3.5 years for doctoral students). The living allowance is subject to annual indexation and includes limited paid sick maternity and parenting leave.
- Relocation grant of $2000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
Eligibility for the Graduate Research Scholarship
The University of Melbourne considers a candidate eligible for the fully funded Graduate Research Scholarship if they:
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne
- Further, current students in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne are also welcome to apply.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic achievements
- The graduate scholarship is available for both domestic as well as an international student
- Also, the students in receipt of a stipend must not be receiving income from another source
The University of Melbourne provides Graduate Research Scholarships, as well as fee offset, on the basis of academic merit. The selection committee scores and ranks eligible applicants according to their academic achievement of their last completed degree as well as their research potential in their field of study. Further, the committee will also seek other distinguishing factors such as completion of a degree at the same level of the research course; relevant professional experience; refereed publications, specialist medical qualifications as well as the composition of original music.
How to apply for the Graduate Research Scholarships?
A new student must apply for a graduate research course by the application closing date for that course. Moreover, the applicant do not need to submit a separate application. All new students are eligible for the fully funded Graduate Research Scholarship and considered automatically.
If you have accepted a graduate research course offer and deferred commencement in order to be reconsidered for a scholarship, you must submit an online application form by 31 October to be considered for a scholarship in the following year.
If you are currently enrolled in a graduate research course for which you seek a scholarship, you must submit an online application form by 31 October to be considered for a scholarship in the following year.
The University of Melbourne accepts scholarship application until 31 October 2019 for currently enrolled students. While new students can apply for the admission before the Graduate Research admission deadline to be eligible for the scholarship.