Applications have opened for the fully funded scholarships in the UK. The name of the scholarship is Durban University Ruth First Scholarship, 2020. The deadline for the scholarship is 4th March 2020. The University if providing scholarships for the South African citizens for Masters degree in the courses offered by the University.
The candidates should meet the given criteria for the fully funded scholarships in the Uk
- They should hold a relevant honors degree of sufficient standard to be admitted to your chosen Master’s course.
- Additionally, the candidates should not hold a Master’s degree, nor have. Also, they should have previously studied at a university outside southern Africa.
- The candidates should show evidence of active involvement in and commitment to voluntary work for the benefit of causes such as rural or urban community development.
- If they have a paid job that involves working in such areas, they should show evidence of leadership and commitment beyond the requirements of the job.
- Similarly, the person selected for the Ruth First Scholarship will need to provide evidence of possessing a qualification in the English language that meets the minimum requirement for the program applied for.
- The general minimum set by the UK Government is Level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Furthermore, if the applicants already have a suitable qualification, they can send a scan of the certificate with their application.
Value of Scholarship
- Tuition fee waiver.
- Accommodations and meals.
- Allowance of GBP 500 per month.
- The applicants should go to the University’s page for the Ruth First Scholarship and complete the online application form.
- Then, upload the first-degree results transcript with the application form.
- Additionally, provide two reference letters (one academic and one non-academic). They can upload the reference letters with the form or e-mail to Dr. Michael Thompson at [email protected]
- Also, they must also submit an online application to the University. When they initiate their University application, the system will generate an applicant code number which the applicants must include in their Ruth First Scholarship application.
- Additionally, an offer of a place at the University does not imply that they have been awarded the Ruth First Scholarship. Applicants for the Scholarship should not pay a tuition fee deposit to the University. The University will notify the winner of the Scholarship separately once the selection process completes.
About the University
- Durham University (legally the University of Durham) is a collegiate public research university in Durham, North East England, with a second campus in nearby Stockton-on-Tees.
- It was founded by an Act of Parliament in 1832 and granted a Royal Charter in 1837.
- It was one of the first universities to commence tuition in England for more than 600 years and claims to be the third oldest university in England.
- The Durham University estate includes 63 listed buildings, ranging from the 11th-century Durham Castle to a 1930s Art Deco Chapel.
Visit the official website for further details and application procedures.