Apply for the Fully Funded Deakin University International awards in Australia. The deadline for the application is ongoing. The scholarship is for a Ph.D. degree. The research project seeks to understand the impact of Scandium (Sc) additions on oxide formation and ignition of molten magnesium.
This project aims to further explore these deficiencies through detailed characterization of Sc additions in both pure and commercial Mg alloys. The alloy microstructure, mechanical and ignition properties will be studied in depth using a combination of various characterization techniques already available at IFM. Due to the novelty of this work, it has the potential to further spark interest in the development of an ignition proof aerospace-grade Mg alloy as well as produce several high impact publications.
- be either a domestic or international candidate
- Also, meet Deakin’s PhD entry requirements
- Likewise, be enrolling full time and hold an honours degree (first class) or an equivalent standard master’s degree with a substantial research component.
Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for further information.
- Stipend of $27,596 per annum tax exempt (2019 rate)
- Likewise, relocation allowance of $500-1500 (for single to family) for students moving from interstate or overseas
- International students only: Tuition fee and overseas health coverage for the duration of 4 years
Deakin University is a public university in Victoria, Australia. Established in 1974 with the passage of the Deakin University Act 1974, the university was named after the second Prime Minister of Australia, Alfred Deakin.