Apply for the Fully Funded Connaught international awards at University of Toronto. The deadline for the application is 7th November 2020. The scholarship is for Ph.D. degree.
The Connaught International Scholarship for Doctoral Students is a cost-sharing initiative to assist graduate units in recruiting and supporting top international students by providing a top-up scholarship to each recipient, which the University will pay in addition to the program’s normal funding package provided by the graduate unit.
- Be international applicants (Citizens and permanent residents of Canada are ineligible);
- Additionally, not be currently registered in a degree program at the University of Toronto;
- Also, have been or will be offered admission to a full-time doctoral program with a funding commitment beginning September of the upcoming academic year; and
- Furthermore, have achieved an A- average in each of the last two years of full-time study.
Benefits of Fully Funded Awards Toronto
- The scholarship is a $10,000 top-up, in addition to the program’s normal funding package (base amount + tuition and fees), to a total of no less than $35,000 annually;
- Also, the graduate unit is responsible for providing recipients with the normal level of program funding, which may consist of various internal and external funding sources, including awards such as a University of Toronto Fellowship (UTF) or departmental endowed award, on-campus employment such as teaching assistantships and/or research assistantships;
- Additionally, the cost of UHIP (University Health Insurance Plan) coverage is in addition to the cost of tuition and incidental fees and should be factored into the program’s funding for Connaught Scholars; and
- Furthermore, the Connaught is renewable on an annual basis in accordance with the program’s normal period of funding (e.g. for a total of 4-5 years) provided the student remains eligible, in good academic standing, and meets the terms and conditions of the award. Also, a 5th year is available for programs that have a 5-year funding commitment.