The College of Europe offers fully funded scholarship (academic year 2020-2021) to candidates from European Neighbourhood Policy countries for post-graduate studies at the College of Europe. The beneficiaries of these ENP-EU scholarships will be selected by the College of Europe once the selection procedures organized at the level of a Member State, a region or the College are complete.
The ENP scholarships will be awarded according to the ranking of the candidates following the normal selection procedure and the interest they will have demonstrated for the European Neighbourhood Policy.
Beneficiaries of these ENP scholarships will have to write their Master’s thesis on a topic related to the European Neighbourhood Policy. They will also have to follow a course or seminar dealing with the European Neighbourhood Policy as part of their respective study programs in Bruges.
Fully Funded College of Europe Scholarship
Recipients of the fully funded College of Europe Scholarship receive expenses to cover all the academic cost incurring during their study as well as the travel costs. Further, the college will cover the accommodation as well as meals expenses.
Eligibility for the College of Europe Scholarship
Candidates are eligible for the fully funded College of Europe Scholarship if they meet the following requirements:
- must demonstrate excellent academic proficiency
- Likewise, candidates from selected countries are preferable.
- Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova; Morocco, the Palestinian Authority, Syria, Tunisia, and Ukraine.
- Also, the candidates must meet the language requirement.
How to apply for the College of Europe Scholarship?
In order to apply for the College of Europe Scholarship, candidates must apply for admission first. The applicants must submit the admission application along with all the necessary documents. Students must indicate in the application form if they are applying for the scholarship. Also, they must provide referees’ name and contact address for recommendation letters.
Recommendation letters are in the form of online recommendation questionnaires. The admission department will automatically send the recommendation questionnaires to the referees via email through the online application.
Candidates must submit:
- title of degree(s) already obtained as well as to be obtained: start and end date (university, faculty, etc.)
- likewise, other academic activities
- professional experience: type, employer, start and end date, job title
- language knowledge (French, English and other)
- motivation (max 600 words)
- interest in and experience with EU and Transatlantic Affairs (max 600 words)
- Names as well as e-mail addresses of 2 professors in order for you to send a reference request to them via the online application system
- CV in Europass format
- copy of university degree(s) – document(s) in the original language and translation into English or French
- similarly, transcript(s) from your University, Faculty, School, detailing results for every year of your studies and grades
- passport or national identity card
- passport photo
Applicants must apply for the fully funded College of Europe Scholarship until 15 January 2020. The selection of the candidates will accept once the application period closes. Hence, applications arriving after the deadline are not eligible.