The University of Sydney also hosts the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships. The Australian Government RTP Scholarships is a fully-funded opportunity for international students to enroll in a research degree. Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend International Scholarship (‘the Scholarship’) holders have to enroll in a full-time postgraduate research degree. The University may approve a part-time Scholarship where a student is able to demonstrate significant carer commitments or a medical condition which limits the capacity to undertake full-time study.
- Candidates must be a commencing or enrolled international postgraduate research student.
- S/he should have an outstanding record of academic achievement and research potential
- In addition to that, s/he must have an unconditional offer of admission or be currently enrolled in a master’s by research or Ph.D. at the University of Sydney.
- RTP Scholarships are available to both national as well as international students.
The Australian Government RTP Scholarships are fully-funded scholarships for excellent international students to live and study in Australia. The scholarships worth $35,000 per year which cover the OSHC, tuition fees, and living costs. of the students. In addition to that, the scholarships also grant the following things.
- Travel and relocation allowance of up to $2,500.
- Thesis costs for $420 for Masters candidates and up to $840 for Doctoral candidates.
The current students at the University of Sydney can apply for the scholarships through the university website. But the commencing students do not have to fill any form or anything to apply for the scholarship. The only thing they need to do is do select the checkbox to express their interest in research scholarships when completing the admission application for your postgraduate research degree.
Furthermore, refer to the documents for applicants for details of selection criteria, process, and additional documentation is necessary if applicable. The selection committee will make the decision according to the academic merit and research potential of the candidate.
Here’s the official link for the Fully-funded Australian Government RTP Scholarships
The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university. “Though the constellations are changed, the mind is the same”; this is the motto of the university. Established in 1850, the university is Australia’s first university as well as one of the world’s leading universities. The university comprises 9 faculties and university schools, through which it offers bachelor, master as well as doctoral degrees. Furthermore, the university has affiliations with Five Nobel and two Crafoord laureates