Gannon University is hosting an on-campus scholarship contest on Saturday, February 2, 2019, with up to the top 10 participants earning full-tuition scholarships! In order to be eligible, students must apply to the University by December 15, 2018.
Highly qualified academic students who apply by this date and are accepted to the University will receive an invitation to participate in this exciting on-campus scholarship opportunity.
All students who are invited and choose to participate will automatically have their merit award increased by $1,500.
- This is an invitation-only event, students must meet certain academic criteria to be eligible to compete.
- Students must be high school seniors at the time of the contest.
- Students must enroll as full-time, undergraduates at Gannon University directly upon graduation from high school.
- Similarly, students must meet the full-time, regular admission requirements of the University.
- Students must be accepted to Gannon University by December 15, 2018.
- Students must be citizens of the United States.
- Deception in the competition will result in an automatic disqualification. Also, Gannon University holds the right to re-examine your application for entrance to the University.
- The amount of scholarship money awarded will be based on individual performance.
- The awards are renewable annually, provided recipients maintain a 3.25-grade point average at Gannon.
- And finally, winners will be determined by a panel of judges and announced by February 13, 2019.
During the competition, you must be prepared to present an original creation that shares what you hope to achieve in your personal/professional life after college graduation. Submissions may include but are not limited to, a photo, a drawing, poem, collage, etc. In addition, you should be able to briefly explain how your submission demonstrates what you hope to achieve. Submissions will be judged on creativity, originality, relevance, presentation, and explanation.
Also Read: Choosing a Major For College
Following a short interview with their panel of judges, you will have the opportunity to tour the campus and get answers to your questions about enrollment and financial aid. Furthermore, your stay will conclude with their Scholarship Luncheon, where you and your parents will get to mix and mingle with Gannon faculty, staff, and current students.