The University of York is a collegiate plate glass research university in York, England. The university has more than thirty departments and centers, covering a wide range of subjects. Many brilliant students get full scholarships at the University of York.
Moreover, the university is 12th in the UK amongst multi-faculty institutions for the quality (GPA) of its research and 24th in Research Power. Above all, the university is in 134th position in the QS World University Rankings 2019.
The University of York is also popular among students for its high-awarding scholarships besides its academics. The university offers a range of scholarships to UK, EU as well as international applicants. The scholarships depend upon the academic merit of the student, financial need and faculty. One of the scholarship which offers full costs is the Equal Access Scholarships. There are two Equal Access Scholarships for students who are seeking refuge in the UK and seeking to pursue an undergraduate degree program.
Also Read: UK Visa Application: Things You Should Know
To gain consideration for the scholarship you must:
- have discretionary or limited leave to remain in the UK or
- be a dependent or partner of someone with discretionary or
- limited leave to remain or
- you or your parent/guardian or partner have submitted an asylum or humanitarian protection application and not yet received a decision from the Home Office on that application
- have applied for asylum on arrival in the UK, and before you have applied for a place at university
- be unable to access mainstream UK student funding due to your immigration status, ie you are not eligible for Student Finance for the 2019/20 academic year
- also, not have completed an undergraduate degree
- hold a conditional or unconditional offer for an undergraduate course at York of up to four years duration
- likewise, have made York your first choice (firm choice) through UCAS.
The scholarship provides:
- a full fee waiver (you will not need to pay any tuition fees)
- a maintenance award of up to £10,660 to help with living costs
- You must apply online for this scholarship using our scholarship application form
- As part of the application, you will need to provide:
- a personal statement of no more than 500 words explaining why you would like to be considered for the scholarship
- evidence of the current status of your application for asylum or humanitarian protection
Lastly, here is the official link to the website.