Applications have opened for the Full Scholarships at Swansea University. The deadline for the scholarships is 31st March 2020. The name of the scholarship is Medical and Health Care StudiesResearch Scholarship. The University is providing the scholarships for Masters degree in the fields of Microbiology, Immunology, Material science.
- Healthcare acquired infections associated with medical devices such as intravenous catheters, joint prostheses, shunts, and heart valves are caused by Staphylococcus epidermidis, a common constituent of the skin and mucous membranes of humans.
- Therefore, this project aims to investigate the relationship between S. epidermidis, host immune factors, and biomaterial surfaces. Also, a collection of clinical S. epidermidis strains, relevant biomaterial surfaces, an ex vivo whole blood model, cell culture, confocal microscopy (CLSM), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), quantitative PCR (qPCR), and ELISAs will be used.
- The research facilities include modern laboratories equipped with the latest instrumentation for biomolecular analysis such as Zeiss CLSM, Hitachi SEM, Agilent Seahorse analyzer, flow cytometry, DNA sequencing, and mass spectrometry.
- Additionally, these facilities enable the delivery of research by the Microbiology and Infectious Disease Group, which specializes in medical devices-related infections such as staphylococcal biofilms.
For the Full Scholarships at Swansea University
- Candidates should have a 2.1 or above in their undergraduate degree in Microbiology, Immunology, Genetics, Medical Engineering, Biology.
- The University prefers experience in microbiology. Also, cell or blood work experience
- Also, they should be eligible for UK/EU Fees.
- Additionally, the University expects the students to meet the academic and English Language requirements by point of application.
- Moreover, additional information is available on the official website.
- The scholarship covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees only.
About the University
- Swansea University is a public research university located in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom.
- Also, it was chartered as University College of Swansea in 1920, as the fourth college of the University of Wales
Visit the official website for more details.