Pitzer College is one of the elite colleges in the United States. As it has one of the best financial aid policies, deserving students may get full scholarships at Pitzer College.
Pitzer College is a co-educational, private residential liberal arts college in Claremont, California. It is one of the institutions of the contiguous Claremont Colleges which share adjoining campus grounds.
Pitzer is one of the best liberal arts colleges in the United States, in fact, it ranks 33 in National Liberal Arts Colleges in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges.
Also Read: Preparing For SAT By Yourself
The college offers majors and minors in more than 40 different fields, however, a student has the freedom to create their own curriculum provided that it is offered in one of the Claremont Colleges. Furthermore, Pitzer has a curricular emphasis on the social sciences, behavioral sciences, international programs, and media studies.
Pitzer College Scholarship Award
- Pitzer offers a scholarship award on the basis of applicants’ financial need.
- Similarly, Pitzer commits to meet the full demonstrated need of the applicants.
Pitzer College Scholarships Eligibility
Pitzer is not only an excellent but also one of the most selective colleges in the world. As of 2018, it has an acceptance rate of only 14%. So, one has to work very hard for the scholarship.
However, few deserving candidates may get full scholarships at Pitzer College.
- All US-citizens, permanent residents and international students are eligible for the scholarship.
- A student should demonstrate strong academic performance and extra-curricular activities. Similarly, an exceptional application may boost the chances of getting in.
- The scholarship is awarded by considering the financial situation of the applicant.
Pitzer College Financial Aid Details
- Pitzer commits to meet the full demonstrated financial need of admitted students.
- During the 2016-17 academic year, approximately 46% of the Pitzer student body received some form of financial assistance.
- Pitzer ranks in the 20th position in the 2018 edition of Great Financial Aid Colleges published by Princeton Review.
- Similarly, Pitzer is one of the top 25 National Liberal Arts Colleges for the lowest debt paid by students.
Pitzer College Application Process
All applicants apply through the Common Application portal.
Additionally, all applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Pitzer’s writing supplement
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
Also Read: Presidential Fellows Program at Miami University
For Early Decision: 15 November
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official to Pitzer College.