Macquarie University is a public research university in Sydney, Australia. With its establishment in 1964, the university is the third university to be established in the metropolitan area of Sydney. Furthermore, Macquarie has five faculties, as well as the Macquarie University Hospital and the Macquarie Graduate School of Management. Many deserving students get full scholarships at Macquarie University.
Moreover, the university is the first in Australia to fully align its degree system with the Bologna Accord. Above all, the university is in 250th position in the QS World University Rankings 2019. In addition, Macquarie University’s linguistics department developed the Macquarie Dictionary, which is regarded as the standard reference on Australian English.
Macquarie University also enrolls a large number of international students. Besides its excellent academics, the university devotes itself in making its education affordable to its students. Therefore, it offers a range of scholarships depending upon the students’ merit and region. There is also a full-tuition scholarship, the Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – Big History.
The Big History Scholarships are partial international scholarships available to international students who apply for an undergraduate course at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia. The scholarships are open to international students who complete the Big History: Connecting Knowledge MOOC available through the COURSERA platform.
- Have citizenship of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- The student should meet the University’s academic and English requirements for the course, and hold a full offer of admission for study at the North Ryde campus by the application deadline.
- Apply for study in Session 1, (February) or Session 2, (July) in 2019.
- Have a minimum ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100.
- Also, have applied for an undergraduate program that is longer than one session in duration.
- Have applied for an undergraduate course that has a full-time study load.
- Commence study in the session and year indicated in your scholarship letter of offer.
A 100% tuition fee scholarship for any undergraduate program of up to 4 years in duration
- Once you receive your full course offer, you must then complete an online scholarship application form and type “BIG” in the Scholarship Name field.
- You must submit a Statement of Purpose and Big History Course Certificate to gain consideration for the scholarship.
Lastly, here is the official link to the website.