Duke University is one of the best universities in the world. As it has very generous aid/grant policy, it provides full scholarships to a few deserving students at Duke University.
Duke University is a private research university in Durham, North Carolina. It is home to world-renowned faculty and also an innovative educational institution where aspiring curious, creative and geniuses refine their talents.
Moreover, Duke ranks 9th in the whole United States of America in 2018 edition of Best College. Similarly, Duke is a highly reputed college not only in the United States but in other parts of the world as well.
Additionally, Duke is best known for its STEM faculty, especially, its engineering programs. Also, it is one of the most athletic universities in the country.
Duke University offers 53 majors, 52 minors and 23 certificates. With the ability to create combinations of the three, a student has 437,989 unique academic combinations available. In addition, 83% of Duke’s students go beyond their major to earn at least one more major, minor or certificate.
Duke University Scholarship Award
- Duke is need-blind for domestic and need-based international applicants.
- However, it meets the full demonstrated need of every admitted student.
Duke University Eligibility
Duke is not only an excellent but also one of the most selective universities in the world. As of 2018, it has an acceptance rate of only 11%.
Due to its high competitiveness, one has to work very hard for the scholarship.
However, few deserving candidates may get full scholarships at Duke University.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate high academic achievement.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and programs that contributes to society.
- Most students admitted at Duke are passionate about world problems and eager to resolve them.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their passion for learning through their application essay.
Duke University Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission regardless of the financial situation of the applicant (only in the case of domestic applicants).
- Whereas, in the case of international applicants, the financial situation is also taken into consideration.
- Duke has a generous scholarship budget with over $45 million each year.
- The average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $44,543.
- Similarly, families with a total annual income of $60,000 or less and typical assets will have an expected parent contribution of $0.
Duke University Application Process
All applications apply to Duke online via their website. The online system guides the applicants through the process of providing the supporting credentials appropriate to the first-year applicant.
Applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Duke’s Writing Supplement
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: 1 November
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 3
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Duke University.