Columbia University at New York is one of the most esteemed universities in the United States and provides full scholarships to the deserving candidate.
Columbia University is a private Ivy League research university in Upper Manhattan, New York City. Established in 1754, Columbia is the oldest institution of higher education in New York and additionally, it is the fifth oldest institution of higher learning in the United States.
Moreover, Columbia ranks 5th in National Universities in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. Additionally, as of 2018, it ranks 16th in the QS World Universities Ranking.
Primarily, Columbia is comprised of three undergraduate schools – Columbia College, The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Sciences and the School of General Studies.
Furthermore, Columbia offers more than 80 areas of study with some number of disciplines.
Columbia University Scholarship Award
- Columbia is need-blind for both domestic and international applicants.
- It meets the full demonstrated need of every admitted student.
Columbia University Eligibility
Columbia is one of the most selective colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 6%.
Considering this, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get full scholarships at Columbia University.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Demonstration of own’s personality through their application essay.
- Active participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Passionate about world problems and eager to solve them.
Columbia University Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission regardless of the financial situation of the applicant.
- Furthermore, Columbia has probably the best scholarship budget with over $160 million each year.
- Total financial aid awarded to international students was $17 million.
Columbia University Application Process
All applicants apply through the Common Application portal.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Columbia Writing Supplement different application portal.
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year Report
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: 1 November
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to the Columbia University website.