Barnard College at New York, United States of America provides full scholarships to limited deserving students.
Barnard College is an all-women private institution located in the heart of Manhattan, New York. Annie Nathan Meyer founded this college in 1889 and named it after Columbia University’s 10th president, Frederick Barnard.
Moreover, Barnard College is one of the oldest women’s colleges in the world. It ranks in the 26th position in National Liberal Arts Colleges in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. Similarly, Barnard is considered one of the best college in the world when it comes to quality education and after college experience.
Likewise, it practices semester-based academic calendar and offers majors in 83 different fields and minors in 26 different fields.
Barnard College Scholarship Award
For US Citizens and Permanent Residents
Although Barnard College at New York offers full scholarships, it limits to a small amount of highly deserving candidates.
Nevertheless, Barnard offers a need-blind scholarship to all the first-year applicants who are US-citizens or permanent residents. Furthermore, Barnard is one of those few colleges that offer to meet full demonstrated meet of its applicants.
Barnard College Eligibility
- All US-citizens and permanent residents are eligible for the scholarship.
- A student should demonstrate strong academic performance and extra-curricular activities. Similarly, an exceptional application may boost the chances of getting in.
- The scholarship is awarded regardless of the financial situation of the applicant.
For International Students
On the contrary, in the case of international students, Barnard analyzes the application on a need-aware basis. In other words, the admission office considers an applicant’s financial situation during the admission process.
However, if accepted, Barnard commits to meet the full demonstrated need of the applicant.
Barnard College Eligibility
- All international students are eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants should demonstrate strong academic performance and extracurricular activities.
- An exceptional application too may boost the chances of getting in.
Barnard College Financial Aid Details
- 39% of first-year students received some kind of financial aid in the year 2018-19.
- The average total need-based/grant awarded to the students is $42,681 in 2018-19
- The total financial indebtedness of recent graduates (class of 2018) is $16,774
- The cost of attendance in the year 2018-19 is approximately $68,000.
Barnard College Application Process
In order to apply to Barnard College, all applicants must apply through the Common Application portal.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Barnard Writing Supplement via CommonApp.
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: 1 November
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official Link to Barnard College.