Amherst College at Massachusetts provides full scholarships to highly talented and deserving national and international candidates.
Amherst College is a private liberal arts college in Amherst, Massachusetts. Founded in 1821 by its then-president Zephaniah Swift Moore as an attempt to relocate Williams College, is the third-oldest institution of higher education in Massachusetts.
Moreover, Amherst College ranks 2nd in the best liberal arts college in the whole United States of America in 2018 edition of Best College. Similarly, Amherst is a highly reputed college not only in the United States but in other parts of the world as well.
Additionally, Amherst is best known for its academic rigors and producing highly successful alumni.
Amherst offers the Bachelor of Arts degree in 40 majors in the arts, sciences, social sciences and humanities. Furthermore, students can carry more than one major, create their own interdisciplinary major or engage in independent scholarship.
Amherst College Scholarships Award
- Amherst is need-blind for both domestic and international applicants.
- It meets the full demonstrated need of every admitted student.
Amherst College Eligibility
Amherst College is one of the most selective colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 12%.
Considering this, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get full scholarships at Amherst College.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
Amherst College Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission regardless of the financial situation of the applicant.
- Amherst has one the best scholarship budget with over $50 million each year.
- The average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $50,771.
Amherst College Application Process
Applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Amherst Writing Supplement different application portal.
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: 1 November
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Amherst College.