The applications for the scholarships at Adelaide University have opened. Interested candidates can apply until 31st January 2020.
Types of scholarships
- Financial Need
- Students with Disabilities
The University of Adelaide and the China Scholarship Council (CSC) are jointly offering postgraduate research scholarships to applicants from the People’s Republic of China who intend to undertake a Doctor of Philosophy(Ph.D.) at the University of Adelaide. If the selected Chinese students successfully complete the requirements of the program, they will be conferred with a Doctor of Philosophy degree by the University of Adelaide.
The candidates must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the scholarships at Adelaide University
- The candidates must be citizens and permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application
- They should be less than 35 years old at the time of application
- Also, they must be a university student completing a master’s degree or enrolled as a first-year Ph.D. student, or new graduates from their university at the time of application
- Additionally, they must agree to return to China upon completion of their studies
- Also, they must fulfill the relevant academic entry requirements set by the University of Adelaide for all international scholarship holders.
- Similarly, they should have a high level of English language proficiency
- In addition to that, the applicants must satisfy the selection criteria set out by the CSC
- Furthermore, the University of Adelaide graduates who have a First Class Honours degree or a Master’s degree with an approved research project may be considered for nomination for a four year Ph.D. scholarship.
- However, the graduates who hold a coursework Masters’s degree should have an overall grade of Distinction with not less than a High Distinction in their research components.
The candidates selected for the program will receive the following benefits
- The China Scholarship Council will provide successful candidates with a living stipend as prescribed from time to time for up to 48 months,
- Additionally, it will provide a return international airfare and visa application fees.
- Also, the Chinese Consulate in Australia will provide funding support from the China Scholarship Council. It will distribute the stipends to students.
- Similarly, for CSC approved applicants, the University of Adelaide will provide a 100% Tuition Fee Waiver for up to 48 months(subject to satisfactory academic progress), corresponding to the duration of support provided by the CSC.
- However, this waiver does not include the compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover. Therefore, students must purchase themselves.
For further details, visit the official website.