Northwestern University is one of the elite university in the United States and offers full scholarship to few deserving candidates.
Northwestern University is a private research university in the suburban setting of Evanston, Illinois. John Evans established this university in 1851 along with other eight lawyers, businessmen, and Methodist leaders.
Northwestern is a highly esteemed institution in the United States of America. In fact, it ranks 11th in National Universities in 2018 edition of Best Colleges. Similarly, in the 2018 edition of QS World University Rankings, it ranks in 34th position.
Likewise, Northwestern offers majors and minors in over 100 different fields and is recognized for its rigorous curriculum and researching opportunity.
- Northwestern offers a robust need-based scholarship for both domestic and international applicants.
- It meets the full demonstrated need of every admitted student.
Northwestern is not only an exceptional but also one of the most selective universities in the world. As of 2018, it has an acceptance rate of only 13%.
So, prospective students have to work very hard for the scholarship.
However, few deserving candidates may get a full scholarship at Northwestern University.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate high academic achievement.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and programs that contributes to society.
- Most students admitted at Northwestern are passionate about world problems and eager to resolve them.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their passion for learning through their application essay.
- Similarly, students should possess a keen interest in researching as the majority of the Northwestern students involve in research.
Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- Northwestern has one the best scholarship budget with over $40 million each year.
- Northwestern has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- The university offers scholarships in three main types i.e grant, loans, and work-study forms.
All applicants apply to Northwestern online via its own application portal. The online system guides the applicants through the process of providing the supporting credentials appropriate to the first-year applicant.
Applicants need to submit following documents:
- Northwestern writing supplement
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year Transcripts
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: 1 November
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Official link to Northwestern University.