Massachusetts Institute of Technology is probably the best university in the world and provides full scholarship to academically excellent students.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology is a private research university in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Firstly, established in 1861, MIT was one of the first to adopt European polytechnic university model and stressed laboratory instruction in applied science and engineering.
Likewise, MIT ranks in 1st position in 2018 edition of Best College. Similarly, in 2018 edition of QS World University Rankings too it ranks in the 1st position.
MIT offers majors in 54 different fields and minors in 57 different fields. Perhaps, its STEM and Engineering programs are the best in the country.
- MIT is need-blind for both domestic and international applicants.
- It meets the full demonstrated need of every admitted student.
MIT is one of the most selective colleges in the whole United States. It has an acceptance rate of only 12%.
So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a full scholarship at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score may bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Students should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Students should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
- Similarly, students should possess a keen interest in researching and determined to have a positive impact on the world.
Financial Aid Details
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission regardless of the financial situation of the applicant.
- MIT commits to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- MIT has one the best scholarship budget with over $120 million each year.
- Similarly, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $50,243.
All applicants apply online through MIT application portal. The application portal guides students through the application process.
During the application process, applicants need to submit following documents:
- MIT writing supplement
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Early Decision: 1 November
Notification: Mid December
For Regular Decision: January 1
Notification: Late March
Lastly, here is the official link to Massachusetts Institute of Technology.