Launched in January 1999 by the French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs, the Eiffel Scholarship program aims foreign students whose outstanding ability has been recognized by French institutions of higher education who wish to sponsor these students for the rest of their studies. The program is primarily designed to provide an education in France to future decision-makers in both the private sector and in the national administrations of emerging countries. Moreover, this is an annual scholarship endowed by Sciences Po on behalf of the French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs. As such applications for Eiffel Scholarship are available for 2020 academic session at Sciences Po.
Benefits of Eiffel Scholarship 2020 at Sciences Po
The recipient of the 2020 Eiffel Scholarship receives a monthly grant amount for Master programs amounts to €1,181 (€1,031 scholarship + €150 additional monthly amount). Sciences Po awards the Scholarship for the length of time needed to complete the course for which students have applied. This is subject to students fulfilling the academic obligations during each year of the course.
Eligibility for the Eiffel Scholarship
In order to consider for the Eiffel Scholarship Sciences Po assesses international students on several bases defined by:
- Level of Studies
- Third-year Sciences Po students
- Second-year undergraduate students in one of our partnership programs at Poitiers campus
- First-year graduate student at Science Po
- Further, students admitted last year in their first year as a graduate student who requested a deferral
- Likewise, students admitted last year who have received a conditional offer of admission if they submit an English test before the scholarship application deadline.
- PhD students who are co-supervised or presenting a joint thesis with a partner university
- Students admitted to the following dual degree program (other Sciences Po dual degree program are not eligible for this scholarship):
- Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University (candidates for this program are eligible)
- Sciences et Politiques de l’Environnement Sciences Po/Sorbonne Université (only first-year students are eligible)
- Quantitative Economics Sciences Po/Panthéon Sorbonne Paris I (only first-year students are eligible)
- The Eiffel laureates who graduated in June 2019 and wish to submit an Eiffel application for the PhD.
How to apply for the Eiffel Scholarship?
Students cannot apply directly for the 2020 Eiffel Scholarship. Students must make the application through a higher education institution. Moreover, the candidates studying in two higher education institutions may only submit a single application.
First-time applicants who wish to apply for the 2020 Eiffel scholarship by Sciences Po must indicate so in the “Financial Information” section of their Sciences Po application form. Further, they must provide the required documents. Also, the candidates must note that only upon successfully gaining admission, Sciences Po will consider them for Eiffel scholarship.
- CV, including information on the applicant’s level (distinction/honors; ranking or position in the promotion, number of students in the promotion; diploma with information on specialization; date of the diploma, final grades)
- professional project, one or two pages. The applicant must explain the reasons for studying in France as opposed to their home country. Also, they must describe their interest in the selected program and how this will help them achieve their career goals.
- Likewise, academic transcripts all of the years of higher education (including periods spent abroad on exchange programs)
- Language test certificates (french and/or English) if necessary
Current students, as well as prospective candidates, can apply for the 2020 Eiffel International Master’s Scholarship. However, the current students must apply for the scholarship by October 20th, 2019. While the prospective applicants can apply by November 3, 2019.