Call for Nurse Coordinator at The State University of New Jersey in the USA. The category of position is Health and Medical Services.
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Additionally, Aligned with Rutgers University-New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and five centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Clinical Nurse Coordinator for the Department of Surgery within the Rutgers, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
In accordance with professional nursing standards, the Clinical Nurse Coordinator skillfully administers total patient care based on the individualized needs of assigned patients and families. Furthermore, this position will provide continuity in the care and management of patients from pre-op to post-op on the cardiothoracic surgical service and to maintain high levels of patient care and efficiency to the service. Additionally, this position will consist of heavy involvement with surgeons, advanced practice providers, nurses, referring physicians and other healthcare providers. Furthermore, heavy contact with patient and patient family members.
- Assesses the health status of assigned patients as outlined in the nursing standards.
- Also, plans, implements, and evaluates individualized care based on patient assessment and medical plan of care.
- Additionally, provides direct patient care or direction and supervision to other health team members to ensure proper implementation of plan of care.
- Likewise, teaches patient/significant others/family members about health/illness state and plan of care. Discusses with patients and family progress of care. Assess and manages patient and family expectations.
- Furthermore, ensures that patient/significant others/family members are prepared for discharge and health maintenance in the home setting.
- Additionally, ensures all procedures are performed based on established standards; demonstrates competency in performing all procedures within scope of practice.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing with a minimum of a Masters’ Degree.
- Also, at least two (2) years of nursing experience.
- CPR certification.
- Additionally, Current license to practice nursing as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey,
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience as a surgical or cardiac surgery RN within a critical care setting.
- EMR/SCM experience.
- Also, at least one (1) year of experience with electronic medical record.
- Additionally, experience with Microsoft Office.
- Likewise, experience in treating diverse patient’s population.
Organization: United Nations Development Program
Deadline: 30th June 2021
City: New Brunswick, NJ