ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship is available at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. The ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship is offered by the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) for citizens or permanent residents from the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), except Singapore.
- Singapore Permanent Residents or Citizens from the ASEAN countries (except Singapore).
- Successful awardees should read a full-time undergraduate degree programme leading to a first degree, with the exception of the Renaissance Engineering Programme. For the Biomedical Sciences & Chinese Medicine Programme, the scholarship will cover only the first three years of study in NTU.
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Excellent co-curricular records.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential.
- ASEAN comprises Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam
ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship covers up to the normal programme duration on condition that the scholarship holder maintain a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct.
- Full coverage of subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant).
- Living allowance of S$5,800 per academic year.
- No bond is attached to the ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship apart from the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore PRs and international students under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
Terms and Conditions
- Scholarship holders must not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships, bursaries or university loans.
- Scholarship holder is required to maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 out of 5.0. Academic performance will be reviewed every semester.
- The Scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the scholarship holder ‘s progress or behaviour is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If the scholarship holder decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, a repayment will be imposed.
The Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU) is the second oldest public autonomous research university in Singapore. NTU ranks at 1st in the ranking of young universities in the QS World University Rankings since 2015 as of August 2020. It has 23,951 full-time enrolled students and 3846 full-time teaching staff; it has achieved 13th in the overall ranking of current QS World University Rankings as of August 2020.